We have over 140 members in our Landcare Group and we are proud to be one of the most active Landcare groups in North East Victoria.
2018 has been a great year for the group with $168 000 received in funding to help us run events and subsidise on ground work across our catchment over the next two years. Notably, we also helped our members plant another 400 new paddock trees and started a program of translocating Southern Pygmy Perch into farm dams in our catchment. For a full list of our activities this year, check out our annual report card below.
The Greta Valley Landcare Group is not just about tree planting – our Landcare group has a strong community focus and we try to run workshops and events that appeal to all members of our local area.
In 2019 we have a great range of events planned:
- Managing farm water supplies in dry times
- Reptiles on Farm – focusing on the threatened Striped Legless Lizard
- Bee belts and pollination pods
- Indigenous culture workshop
- Managing your shelterbelt for the long term, including ecological thinning and top up planting
- Dung beetle identification and distribution
- Looking at the impacts of weeds on your livestock with two local vets
- Seed collection techniques
- Nest box monitoring at local reserves and roadsides
- Two local planting days
- Developing and providing laminated property plans
- Ongoing bird monitoring at 10 local sites
- And our annual social function!
The group also auspices ‘The Greta Bunyip’ newsletter, which promotes local news throughout the catchment.
Members have access to equipment available for loan at subsided rates and advice and information on specific issues through our Project Officer. We can also help you to develop ideas for projects to improve farm productivity and protect and enhance environmental assets on your land.
Membership is just $33 per calendar year per family, which we believe offers fantastic value. Please support your local Landcare Group, as these funds help to pay for our insurance and running costs which are not covered by grants.
To sign up, please download our application form and mail your payment and form to PO Box 971 Wangaratta VIC 3676,
OR pay by direct debit and email your application to email@example.com.
If you would like to find out any other information about joining our Group, please Contact Us or call Anthony Griffiths (Treasurer) on 0429 950 712 or 5727 6314.