Join Sustainable Farms ecologist David Smith to learn about the latest research into the benefits of enhancing farm dams.
The field day will include:
– Visiting several farm dams on the property of Marc & Sharon Sealey to hear about the improvement works they are undertaking
– Presenting the latest scientific research on farms dams by The Australian National University Sustainable Farms team
– Highlighting the multiple benefits of enhancing farm dams for biodiversity and production
– Practical advice on ways to enhance farm dams
– How to get started planning and implementing similar projects on your own property.
Breakfast will be provided at 9am, followed by a short Landcare Annual General Meeting at 9.30am. The field day will commence at 9.45am.
RSVP is essential. Please register online at www.tinyurl.com/gvlgfarmdams or phone Sally Day on 0437 136 162 for more information. Property directions will be provided upon registration.
This event is hosted by the Greta Valley Landcare Group, with funding support from the Australian Government National Landcare Program, and the Australian National University Sustainable Farms program.