We have over 140 members in our Landcare Group and we are proud to be one of the most active Landcare groups in North East Victoria. The Greta Valley Landcare Group is not just about tree planting – our Landcare group has a strong community focus and we try to run workshops and events that appeal to all members of our local area.
Whilst 2020, was a pretty quiet year in terms of workshops and events, we still managed to assist our members in planting over 11 000 plants last winter. For a full list of our activities over our past year, check out our annual report card below.
In 2021, we have a great range of events planned:
- Managing shelterbelts in the long term (May)
- Enhancing your farm dam (May)
- Introduction to regenerative agriculture (June)
- Online climate based forecasting tools (September)
- Nest box monitoring at local reserves and roadsides at our 76 local nest boxes
- Clean up and planting sessions at local reserves (Greens Road and Hansonville Reserve)
- Ongoing bird monitoring at 10 local sites
- Enhancing Fosters Lake at Glenrowan and private farm dams, to support native Southern Pygmy Perch
- Bus trip to inspect neighbouring catchments to discuss shelterbelt design and holistic management on farm.
The group also auspices ‘The Greta Bunyip’ newsletter, which promotes local news throughout the catchment.
Members have access to equipment available for loan at subsided rates and advice and information on specific issues through our Project Officer. We can also help you to develop ideas for projects to improve farm productivity and protect and enhance environmental assets on your land.
Membership is just $33 per calendar year per family, which we believe offers fantastic value. Please support your local Landcare Group, as these funds help to pay for our insurance and running costs which are not covered by grants.
To sign up, please download our application form and mail your payment and form to PO Box 971 Wangaratta VIC 3676, OR pay by direct debit and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out any other information about joining our Group, please Contact Us or call Anthony Griffiths (Treasurer) on 0429 950 712.