We have over 180 members in our Landcare Group and we are proud to be one of the largest active Landcare groups in North East Victoria. The Greta Valley Landcare Group is not just about tree planting – our Landcare group has a strong community focus and we try to run workshops and events that appeal to all members of our local area.
Whilst 2021, was a pretty quiet year in terms of workshops and events, we still managed to assist our members in planting over 7 000 plants last winter.
In 2022, we have a great range of events planned:
- River management of Boggy Creek and Fifteen Mile Creek (January)
- Reviewing local climate patterns and investigating climate drivers (February)
- Future farming forecasts for beef cattle producers (February)
- Whole farm dam bus trip to check out working farm demonstrating holistic management principles (February)
- Introduction to honey bees (May)
- Ongoing bird monitoring at 10 local sites
- Our ongoing project to support the threatened native small fish, Southern Pygmy Perch
The group also auspices ‘The Greta Bunyip’ newsletter, which promotes local news throughout the catchment.
Members have access to equipment available for loan at subsided rates and advice and information on specific issues through our Project Officer. We can also help you to develop ideas for projects to improve farm productivity and protect and enhance environmental assets on your land.
Membership is just $33 per calendar year per family, which we believe offers fantastic value. Please support your local Landcare Group, as these funds help to pay for our insurance and running costs which are not covered by grants.
To sign up, please download our application form and mail your payment and form to PO Box 1005 Wangaratta VIC 3676, OR pay by direct debit and email your application to email@example.com.
If you would like to find out any other information about joining our Group, please Contact Us or call Anthony Griffiths (Treasurer) on 0429 950 712.